Creating a resume to apply for your Health Unit Coordinator position can be a little tricky. One of the important parts of the resume is listing what you can or have done as a Health Unit Coordinator.
Get to know about the Roles, Tasks, Duties and Responsibilities of Health Unit Coordinator. Below is a generic list of the HUC’s Responsibilities and Duties that you might consider listing on your resume.
- Transcribe and communicate health physician orders on time.
- Manage unit communication to promptly answer telephones and activating paging system and unit mail.
- Document and manage medical records as per policy.
Support physicians by transcribing orders and managing patient charts.
- Incorporate vision, values, missions and critical goals into job performance.
- Manage Hospital standards by engaging in health committees and in-services.
- Precept new associates as assigned by department manager.
- Prioritize work and manage multiple emergent demands by working independently.
- Tabulate data log sheets, receive payment, make receipt and follow billing procedures.
- Prioritize and transcribe written doctor’s order under RN supervision.
- Manage patient medical records as per hospital and unit policy.
- Develop and achieve unit goals on health, safety, cost and quality.
- Attain customer service excellence by satisfying customer needs.
- Transcribe health physician order under RN’s directions.
- Handle patient activities on and off nursing unit such facility transfers.
See more about Great Resumes – Click Here