Whether it came from your parents, grandparents, aunts/uncles, caretaker or maybe a teacher at school, most of us can say we have been told it is important to eat your fruits and vegetables. Unfortunately, due to taste, or smell or the look of them, vegetables and fruit can be hard to want to eat. Unless you naturally enjoy vegetables, many of us would rather eat foods with carbohydrates or meat, or fats.
There are over 9 unique families of fruits and vegetables. Start off with finding just one or two fruits and vegetables you like. Eating plain fruits and vegetables can be hard. Instead you can try chopping them up and adding it to a sauce or dish that you already enjoy. It can also be fun to try a new fruit/vegetable and cook it in a way that sounds good to you, such as grilling or sautéing. If those are not good enough reasons, here are 7 true and convincing statements about fruits and vegetables that will have you eating them in no time:
- They provide you with vitamins and minerals your body needs to stay healthy.
- Certain fruits and vegetables can protect your body from getting cancer.
- They can promote heart health.
- They can provide protection against vision loss.
- They can help with digestive issues.
- Fruits and vegetables can help with weight loss.
- They can help lower your blood pressure.
If these facts alone are not convincing enough, check out the sources below for more details about the health benefits of eating fruits and vegetables.
Information was sourced from the following resources: