Many of us set our alarms each morning with the intention of jumping out of bed right when it goes oﬀ and making the most of our day. For some, who are morning people, this is easier to accomplish. However, for others the mornings many include hitting the snooze button one or even several times before we manage to get out of bed. If you are in the later group, there are tips you can try help yourself get out of bed earlier each day. Here are just a few:
1. Set a goal for yourself of why you want to get up. If you want to start exercising in the early morning or read a book or eat a quality breakfast, then you have a stronger motivation for waking up.
2. Have a consistent bedtime and wake time. Putting yourself on a schedule can help your body’s natural clock adjust and form a routine.
3. Turn oﬀ electronics before bed and start a wind down routine. This can help you get to bed easier and signal to your body that it is time to sleep.
4. Prepare the night before. Do as much prep as you can the night before so that you can jump into your routine without as much thinking or things to do.
5. Start slow. Try moving your alarm clock 5 or 10 minutes earlier every week or every few days to help your body adjust.
While practicing these tips to get out of bed earlier, keep in mind that becoming a morning person can take time and consistency. Be patient with yourself as you adjust to a new schedule. For more information on getting out of bed earlier and the source, click here: https://www.everydayhealth.com/sleep-pictures/ tricks-to-waking-up-in-the-morning.aspx