Summer is here! And that means school is out and many professionals take time oﬀ of work or commitments to enjoy the season. The summer is a great time to spend with family and friends. Many people look for new activities to try while they have more free time. While summertime can also include vacation, it can be expensive and not achievable for everyone. The good news is that you don’t have to spend a lot to have fun and make new memories. Here are 10 ways you can have fun on a budget this summer:
- Check with your local library for events and free passes to recreational/cultural activities in your community.
- While at the library, sign up for a summer reading program.
- Go camping.
- Check out a local farmers market.
- Look for a local fair or festival in your community.
- Go for a picnic in the park.
- Check with your local movie theatre for cheap movie days.
- Go out for ice cream/dessert at a new spot or a local favorite.
- Take a road trip. Find some place new to explore.
- Cook a new recipe and invite friends/family over to enjoy it with you.
These are just a few ideas of ways you can have fun this summer. Get creative and explore your community to find more opportunities!