24 Nov Ways to Show Kindness
Showing kindness can be an intentional act or something that you demonstrate out of reaction or habit. Showing kindness can make others feel good and can also make you feel good too. What are some ways that you show kindness to others? Here are some ideas of ways you can demonstrate kindness:
- Smiling at someone or waving.
- Saying thank you.
- Offering to help someone.
- Giving an honest compliment.
- Hold the door open for someone.
- Clean up a mess you didn’t make.
- Give a gift.
- Write a ‘thank you’ note or ‘I’m thinking of you’ note.
- Listening to someone.
- Offering a hug or embrace.
- Increasing your awareness of those around you and their needs.
- Leave a positive note for a coworker or neighbor.
- Treat someone to a cup of coffee.
- Give your undivided attention to someone.
- Let someone go before you in a line.
- Volunteer your time or money.
- Pay an act of kindness forward and repeat one that was done for you, to someone else.
- Do some yardwork for a neighbor or friend.
- Ask someone how their day is going and take the time to listen to their response.
- Use your manners and be polite to someone.
- Leave a generous tip.
These are just a few of the ways you can demonstrate kindness to the people around you and in your community. Kindness is contagious, so take the first step in doing something kind and watch how it can spread!