The winter season is a great time of year, but it often involves spending more time indoors. If you are anything like me, staying indoors can be an excuse to change your normal routine and stray away from exercising. However, the winter months should still be a time of year that we exercise. If you don’t belong to a gym or fitness center, it can be challenging to maintain your physical activity throughout the year. Here is a list of some ideas you can try, to keep up with your exercising from home/indoors.
- Workout DVDs or YouTube videos. You can look them up on YouTube, if you have it, or you can rent workout DVDs from the library. You can often find cheap workout videos at the dollar store or other shopping centers.
- Stair stepping. If you have stairs in your home or maybe in your apartment complex, this is a great workout. Try walking or running up and down them. Or maybe you don’t have stairs, you can try stepping onto a large book or firm object instead.
- Clean your home. Setting up a deep cleaning schedule around your home can be a great workout!
- Jumping jacks. You can do jumping jacks in any indoor space as long as you can stand and jump in place without hitting anything. These are a great source of cardio exercise.
- Pushups and weight lifting. These types of strength training exercises can be done in small areas of space. You can even use objects around your home to lift.
As with any type of new exercise or workout routines, check with your healthcare provider if you have any restrictions or concerns with physical exercise before starting any of these. For additional ideas and for the source, click here: