The winter season can be a busy time for many of us. The last thing we often want is to get sick with a cold or flu or watch a loved one go through it. So, don’t let sickness bring you down this winter season! There are things you can do to keep your immune system running strong to fight off sickness. Below are some tips gathered from the Parenting Magazine on how to stay healthy in the winter:
- Change out your toothbrush. Especially after getting sick, switch to a new toothbrush to avoid contamination again.
- Drink enough water. In the winter, because of cooler temperatures, many people forget to consume enough water. Make sure to continue drinking enough water daily.
- Moisturize your skin. Apply lotion regularly and consider using a humidifier if you live in a dry climate.
- Make time to relax. Amongst the busyness, make room to relax and unwind each week.
- Wash your hands regularly. Keep up the practice of washing your hands before eating and after using the restroom.
- Get your flu shot. It is not too late to protect yourself and get the flu shot.
- Try adding more supplements such as zinc and fiber into your diet. These may protect you from getting a cold.
- Dress for the weather. Make sure to wear warm layers of clothing out in the cold.
- Stay active. Keep up with normal activities and exercise.
As with all health tips, please consult your doctor for medical advice concerning your health first. Cheers to a healthy winter season! Source: