24 Mar Tips to Staying Productive
Staying productive throughout the entire day can be a challenge for many of us. There are a lot of factors that can keep us from staying on task. Depending on your work or school environment, it can be hard to stay focused. Not to mention any unexpected interruption that can occur beyond your control. Despite all the disruptions that happen, staying on task and being productive is possible. Here are a few tips that can help you stay productive each day:
- Make an ongoing list of items to do and keep referring to it throughout your day.
- At the start of the week, plan out your schedule.
- Include a daily routine and stick to it.
- Set variation in your schedule to avoid boredom.
- Set goals (daily, weekly and monthly).
- Set timelines and due dates for things to avoid procrastination.
- Take breaks to get up and move around.
- Drink plenty of water throughout the day.
- Get enough sleep every night.
- Eat healthy and have snacks when needed.
- Get to know yourself, are you most productive in the morning or in the afternoon? Plan your schedule accordingly.
- Prioritize your tasks.
- When your workday is over, let it be over and don’t keep working.
- Set aside time to rest and recharge each week.
Challenge yourself and start one or several of these this week. If you notice your coworker or peer seems to be staying on task more than you, ask them what their secret is. Often, we need to discover what methods work best for us and continue to grow and challenge them as we move forward.