28 Nov Thanksgiving Table Topics
Thanksgiving and the holiday season are here! While we focus on the holiday preparations of food, decorations, shopping, cleaning, etc., we should also get ready for the time we spend with family and/or friends. Whether you are spending Thanksgiving with the same group of people you always do, or are celebrating with someone new, it can be a time to get to know one another in a different way. Thanksgiving is a holiday with the opportunity to reconnect with family and friends and build lasting relationships.
Have you thought about topics you would like to discuss around your thanksgiving table? Starting the conversation off with a positive and thoughtful question can set the tone for the rest of the meal. Having questions in mind can also be useful when unwanted conversations occur or if a dispute arises. Having a funny question or a thought-provoking question can also help break the ice. Here is a short list of table topics to try this Thanksgiving and holiday season:
That are you most thankful for?
- What has been your favorite memory this year?
- Are you hoping for anything to happen before the end of the year?
- What do you appreciate about someone at the table?
- Did you learn any valuable life lessons this year?
- What is your favorite Thanksgiving tradition?
- What is your favorite holiday memory?
- How do you show your thankfulness to those around you?
- Do you have a favorite Thanksgiving dish?
- What do you like the most about the holiday season?
- What is the best show or movie you saw this year?
- Did you read any interesting books?
Hope that these table topics inspire great conversations this holiday season! Here are several additional resources of table topics to try: