25 Jun Summer Safety Tips Continued
The summer months are favorites for many people because of the opportunity to spend more time outdoors and enjoy different activities. However, spending more time outdoors requires certain cautions, especially around water and with children. Here are a few important reminder tips to maintain your safety and those around you during the summertime.
A great way to enjoy a hot summer day and cool off is in a pool. Whether you have a pool, access to the beach, or are swimming in a public pool, it is important to know and follow water safety rules. Here are a few basic tips:
- Supervise children while accessing pool/water areas.
- Make sure you and anybody around you that is accessing the pool/water area can swim.
- Utilize flotation devices and keep children within arm’s reach if they cannot yet swim.
- Do not swim alone.
- No running near the pool.
With the wonderful summer weather comes an increase in bugs, specifically mosquitoes. Besides the pestering itchiness they leave behind when they bite, they can also carry and transmit mosquito-borne illnesses.
- If spending time outdoors, especially in the mornings and evening, make sure to utilize mosquito repellent with DEET and wear protective clothing.
- Make sure to keep all your windows and doors closed and utilize screens if wanting to enjoy the summer temperature.
- Check your yard for standing water and remove weekly if you have it.
Enjoy your summer of fun and remember these tips to keep yourself and those around you safe!
For the source and additional safety information, click here: