The holiday season can be a flurry of good food, traveling, shopping, spending time with loved ones, parties, work and community events and more. Many people take time off from work and school during the holiday season to accomplish these activities. Unfortunately, just because you are taking some time off for the holidays, doesn’t mean illness does too. Here are a few tips to staying healthy through the holidays:
- Drink plenty of water. Staying hydrated is important for our body to function correctly. Make sure to continue your daily water intake, especially when consuming other high calorie holiday drinks, such as eggnog.
- Maintain your regular exercise. Don’t let your exercise routine slip because of the holidays. Whether you stick to your normal exercises or incorporate new activities, staying active is necessary for good health.
- Get plenty of sleep. Sleep is just as important this time of year as other seasons. Make sure you are getting the sleep you need each night.
- Take a day of rest. It might be tempting to go along with the busyness of the holiday season, but it is just as important to take some time to rest. Taking a day or afternoon to relax and unwind can be very important to your health.
- Don’t ignore your immune system. Be mindful of your immune system and keeping it healthy. The holiday season can bring about illness for many, so focus on foods and activities that will keep your immune system working well.
Make your health a focus this holiday season by following some of these tips! Information was sourced from the following site:
For more tips on eating healthy, check out this source from the National Institute of Health: https://newsinhealth.nih.gov/2018/12/plan-your-plate