In the United States, National Nurse’s Week runs from Friday, May 16, through Thursday, May 12, 2022. With Nurse’s Week just two weeks away, now is your opportunity to plan and acknowledge the nurse(s) in your life. Whether you are a nurse, or you work alongside a nurse, or you visit them as a patient or perhaps know a friend or family who is, there are many ways to thank a nurse for the work that they have done and continue to do. Nurses play such a vital role in our healthcare system and communities and this week in May can be an opportunity to give back to them in a small way. Here are a few ways you can celebrate National Nurses Week:
- Promote the week by sharing it anywhere you encounter a nurse.
- Take the time to honor one specific nurse or group of nurses.
- Gather a small gift to celebrate the nurse in your life.
- Use social media to spread the news about National Nurse’s Week.
- Write a Thank you note for a nurse.
- Oﬀer a food or coﬀee treat to a nurse.
- Team up with coworkers or friends to plan a potluck or celebration at your workplace.
If you are a nurse, nurse practitioner, nursing assistant, thank you so much for all that you do! Help us spread the news about National Nurse’s Week and share your thankfulness to the nurse in your life.