What does your morning routine look like? Is it packed full of a long list, or is it short and quickly rush out the door? Often, our morning sets the tone for the rest of our day. Have you thought about your morning routine and identified any areas that you would like to improve? Many of us spend time working on our weekly schedule, fitting in work or school and don’t consider how we start each day. Making the most of the morning and creating a set routine that you complete each day can help you optimize your time, accomplish what you really need to do and give you some peace of mind.
Here are a few ideas of how you can optimize your morning routine now:
- Start each day at the same time. Stay consistent and wake up at the same time every day, this helps your body sleep better too.
- Have a list of morning priorities and stick to accomplishing those first. Then if you have more time you can always add in a last minute change.
- Make as few decisions as possible. Prepare for your morning the night before! Whether you lay out your clothes, pack you lunch, have your list of morning chores ready to go.
- Get rid of Get up and focus on what you need to get done. Avoid turning on the television or spending time browsing on your phone.
- Carve in some time for exercise. Allowing a little time for morning exercise can be a great way to kickstart your day.
Try one or all of these and get creative with making your morning routine consistent and productive. You might be surprised how this sets the tone for success in the rest of your day!