Whether your summer months have a regular routine, or you have added responsibilities or possibly are traveling, it can be challenging to keep up with a healthy routine. Let’s face it, we are halfway through the year already and many of our New Year’s resolutions have faded away. However, it is never too late to pick up where you left off. For others, simply adding in more health and fitness during your current routine is a great transition to getting back to your goal. The question may be, where or how to start amid your current schedule. Here are a few simple tips to keeping fit while on the go this summer:
- Walk as much as you can. Look for more opportunities to add walking into your day. Use a fitness tracker to count your daily steps.
- Make healthy food choices when busy and/or eating out at restaurants.
- Drink plenty of water throughout your day.
- Bring healthy snacks to avoid grabbing something on a whim that could be less healthy.
- Complete a short 15-minute workout. If you do not have the time to fit in a full workout, try a short 15-minute one and get in some quick cardio or strength training. You could also try a circuit workout including push-ups, lunges, jumping jacks, leg/knee lifts and more.
- Exercise at home or on your lunch break to save time from going to the gym.
- Use your household cleaning chores or yardwork as an excuse to add in some physical exercise.
Try one or all of these tips this summer to get back on track and stay fit!