28 May Empowering Others
A great quality of any leader is the act of empowering others. Empowerment can be defined as the process of gaining strength and confidence and can often be attributed to being given authority or power. Empowerment can come in many different forms and is something that can be built upon over time. Many leaders, bosses, mentors, coaches and teachers are in a position that they can influence many people around them. The use of empowerment is just one way that they can impact others for the greater good. However, empowerment is only made possible towards others when oneself is first empowered. Taking an opportunity to empower someone else can greatly impact their life as well as yours. Empowerment can be intentional, but it can also be something that you are already achieving. So why start empowering others? Here are just a few of the benefits of empowering others:
- Promotes optimism.
- Helps people to believe in themselves and/or the work they are doing.
- Improves performance.
- Promotes a culture of learning.
- Builds confidence as well as creativity.
Now that you can see the benefits of empowerment, the next step is looking at how to achieve it. Below is a list of tips on how to empower others:
- Demonstrate a learning environment.
- Celebrate the good and the bad.
- Foster successful goals and objectives.
- Speak confidence into them.
- Showing others that they are around us for a reason.
- Listening to others.
- Sharing necessary information.
- Promote optimism in another.
Give back to the people around you and help to spread a culture of empowerment today. Information was sourced from the following resource: https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.forbes.com/sites/lisaquast/2011/02/28/6-ways-to-empower-others-to-succeed/amp/