We Care Online is now partnering with Ed2Go to offer you more choices in career courses! With these new offerings come more options for financial assistance, like payment plans and grants from MyCAA. Here is just one of the many courses now available:
Demand for medical coders will grow 13% by 2026, so there’s no better time to advance your career. This online medical coding course will train you to become a Certified Inpatient Coder.
The AAPC Certified Inpatient Coder (CIC™) credential proves that you are an expert in inpatient medical records review. Earning CIC™ certification requires previous work experience, so most professionals prepare for the exam while working full-time. With this course’s flexible online format, you can prepare for the CIC™ exam on your own schedule.
What you will learn
- How to apply the official ICD-10-CM and ICD-10-PCS coding guidelines for diagnoses and procedures
- Understand the different types of hospital facilities and their documentation and coding standards
- Understand the Uniform Hospital Discharge Data Set (UHDDS) coding guideline
- Differentiate between inpatient and outpatient services and payment methodologies (IPPS and OPPS)
- Understand the difference between MS-DRGs and APC assignments
How you will benefit
- Holding the CIC™ certification credential validates the expert level knowledge
- Specialized medical coding experience helps with career advancement
- According to Indeed.com, more remote coding positions are available for certified inpatient coders