16 Nov 5 Tips For Getting Organized
We are quickly approaching the holiday season and this can be a stressful time for many people, due to the sheer amount of things going on. From holiday gatherings, to traveling, shopping, cooking, and cleaning. These are just a few of the many added responsibilities and pressure during this time of year. Why not try to spruce up your organization to make things easier for yourself. Organization promotes efficiency and this leads to one being more productive in their day. Who wants that? Here is a list of five simple tips to improve your organization.
- Make a list. Making a list of the things that you need to accomplish each day or even each week will help you stay on track and not forget anything.
- Set aside time each day/or week to work on your list. If you make a schedule for your day and carve out a small amount of time designated to complete your task, you are more likely to be successful.
- Work on one task at a time. Instead of trying to get everything done in one day or all at one time, focus on one task at a time. This will allow you to focus on the one task and make sure it is done fully and completely.
- Ask for help. Four hands are better than two. More helping hands can make task completion quicker and more efficient.
- Reward yourself for each milestone completed. Rewarding yourself puts positive reinforcement in place and you are more likely to press on and complete more tasks. A reward could be as simple as allowing more relaxation time, or having a special dessert or going to the movies, etc.
These tips for getting organized are applicable for all seasons of time and can be used in many areas of your life: work, home, school and/or projects. Try applying one or all of these tips and see how your stress could be positively impacted!