04 Mar 10 Ways To Enjoy Less Screen Time
In today’s world, we can find ourselves consumed with screen time. From work to play, many of our day-to-day activities involve a screen of some sort. While screens are necessary for many things and also enjoyable for others, there are benefits to taking a break from screen time. Connecting to the world and those around us in other ways is essential for our overall well-being. Here are 10 great ways to try enjoying less screen time today:
- Pick up a physical book or magazine and try reading without a screen.
- Set boundaries with your screen time.
- Find a new hobby to take up some of your previous screen time
- Connect with family or friends in person, even if it is at a distance.
- Enjoy the great outdoors. Go for a walk or play a sport in the fresh air.
- Create rooms that have no temptations for using screens. For example, not having a television in your bedroom.
- There are apps available that you can utilize on your phone to track how much time you spend on it and can help you limit your use.
- Play a game, such as cards or a board game.
- Eat your meals without a screen and interact with people in your home or at a restaurant.
- Plan a trip and leave your residence. Whether a day trip, a longer vacation or a short trip to visit a friend or family member, getting out of your home can help remove yourself from screen time temptations.